Thursday, March 20, 2003


That little quote, from U2's song "If God Would Send His Angels" feels entirely appropriate right now. I could not sleep last night, so I just sat there in bed, switching between CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News. That is when I really became aware of the absurdity of this "modern age" that we find ourselves in; I was falling asleep to a War, broadcasted Live and in Real Time all over the world. Military Analysts, Wolf Blitzers, gas masks, and air raid sirens filled the screen, and I slept to the sounds of a city beginning to fall. When I woke up, the screen was painted with the familiar green of the night scope that became so popular during the first Gulf War, and I opened my eyes just in time to see tiny white tracers going from Earth to sky, and again from sky to Earth. I felt like I was watching a video game, or a cartoon movie, but this is reality, and that fact frightens me. The line following the quote in the title of this blog is, "If God will send his Angels/And if God would send a sign..." and I think now, more than ever, the world needs to re-evaluate, and start to wonder what God is thinking up there, when so many horrible things are done in His name. I shudder to think how many have died, "In the name of God."