Saturday, March 29, 2003


I was watching MTV today, after a two week hiadus from it due to the war, and they are currently running their Spring Break 2003 programming. At any rate, watching this, makes me wonder why I ever watched it in the first place, and I find it very odd that a War, and all the coverage of it, was what made me snap to my senses. Today the shows ranged from "Mystery Celeb Date" to "Spring Break Undercover" where they film 3 ladies, and 3 guys as they party in Miami...how completely moronic is all this? The second show just filmed these people going around, kissing unattractive people on the dance floor, and puking in garbage cans. How exciting. Anyways, I have decided that even after the war is over and Saddam is dead, I will continue to keep my TV on Fox News, and my usual rotation between the Food Network, The Learning Channel, The History Channel, Animal Planet, and Discovery. End of story.

My insane dream the other night(previous post) stuck with me all day yesterday, and tonight I was hoping I'd follow that dream up with another crazy dream...did I ever. Last night, I dreamed that my home town of Helena was under attack and the center of enemy bombing and infiltration by secret assassins. In my dream, I was some sort of religious leader, and the local Civic Center in my town(which, ironically enough is actually a mosque built by the Shriners) was where we had a giant bomb shelter, and where I would conduct services throughout the war time that our city was suffering. Anyways, in this dream, bombers were flying overhead, and the deep rumble of their engines shook the Civic Center to its core, its inhabitants with it. As we all scrambled for the shelter, a large mass of assassins ran in through the door, searching for men in power among our group to single out and kill. I saw two of my friends fall while I was trying to usher 25 or 30 women and children into the basement, and as I turned to find these men rushing around, I felt two bullets strike my chest. The impact alone sent me sprawling backwards, but I kept my feet. The man who fired the shots ran to me, ready to finish the job he'd been selected to carry out, and took aim again. His face was so familiar but for some reason I can not place who is was. As he was about to fire, I looked at him and I said, "Please do not shoot again, I want to feel what death feels like. I have to know." The man, for reasons unknown to me, granted my wish, and left me alone. I remember stumbling out of the front doors and looking up to the sky, not remembering a time I had seen it so bright, or felt the air so fresh against my face. I sat down on some steps, and laid back, I could feel the pain slipping away with the remaining life, but I was not scared. I distinctly remember feeling absolutely no fear, just a calm that spread through my body like warmth. As darkness began to wrap me, my Mom came from out of nowhere to sit with me while I slipped away. I smiled at her and told her to not be afraid. I remember dying. I remember leaving my body and looking down on it. Then, when I was thinking it was over, and the dream would end, something snapped me out of my flatline, and I woke up, sitting straight up in an ambulance, screaming down the road. The sounds of the siren gently melted into a telephone ringing, the telephone in my real house outside the dream world. Before I woke, I looked into my Mom's face, and smiled.