Thursday, March 27, 2003


I have this theory that I have been developing for sometime now, and the more years that roll past the more truth I see in it. In its simplest form, the theory states that a vast majority of people do things based on a logical progression of events, rather than acting and behaving in a manner representative of themselves, and their true desires. I shall elaborate. A person enters high school, buys the notebooks, buys the pens, studies hard, or not hard at all, and after four years graduates. Here, at this pivotal stage in life, is where my theory begins to come into play. At this point in life the aforementioned person has many choices and the paths in which they could choose to venture down twist and turn and spiral about them. Based upon my theory however, these choices and spiraling paths are blurred by logical progression, which forces so many people to go to a four year college, logically. Once at college, logically people progress to the point in which they began to wonder about the future, about their career, about the family they will come to have, so they open themselves up for love, and for that one person that completes the puzzle. Once this person is found, the remaining years of college are spent together, and once again graduation is reached. From this point, yet another pivotal stage in life, a plethora of options again open up to the person. Logial Progression strikes again, and the people move somewhere together, where the next years in their life logically progress to co-habitation, marriage, and eventually children.

Now, do not get me wrong here, logical progression is in no way a negative thing. For the people who logical progression ties directly into their wants and desires, life is amazing, but for those whom they do not, such as me, it gets interesting. When I graduate from college, I am not going to logically progress, I am going to look at all of the paths sprawled out before me and take the one I WANT. At any rate, there it is, Tyler Gregson's Theory of Logical Progression. Que interesante.