Tuesday, April 08, 2003


After pondering, conferring with others, and eventually accepting, I have come up with a new term to describe myself. That term is A.D.I.D. Say it...it has a ring to it, AyeDeeEyeDee. The letters stand for Attention Deficit Intelligence Disorder. I decided this was a more appropriate term for me, as I think that just plain old Attention Deficit Disorder really does not work for me, because I am more than that. Do not get me wrong, this is no way an ego boost to myself, I am just simply stating that the majority of my inability to focus is not due to a simple lack of attention, but rather a direct result of being bored. I think that when I sit somewhere, I process information too quickly, and that causes me to leap ahead, if you will, so I get bored easier, and that causes me to lose focus on what I should be paying constant attention to. I really think this is a good term, and I think that its use should be widespread, and implemented immediatley. The time has come for people who can't focus for reasons other than just an attention deficiency is now, and I am appointing myself the offical spokesperson.

On a different note, the canyon-sized gap in my jeans is officially closed. I patched it up like a bridge spanning a gorge, and it's magnificent. There are some slight wrinkles around the edges of it due to pulling the fishing line too tightly while sewing, but otherwise it is great. I love that around the patch there are frayed jean-strings curled up and clouding over it. These jeans are a perfect example of my style. I'm proud.