Sunday, April 13, 2003


Song: "Badfish" by Sublime.

I was thinking today about inventions that I have come to just absolutely adore, and could not imagine life without. Due to the amount of time spent thinking about this in my head, I decided to dedicate this post to inventions that I love. Here goes: The Stapler - I don't know who figured it out, but they were smarter than I, in one small invention the use of dog-ears, paper clips, and the pesky binding process was eradicated forever...except for people like me who never have staples. The Microwave - I don't know how, I don't know why, I don't know if the waves will kill me, but I love it. Who doesn't like the ability to cook some tasty burrito with radiation in a minutes time? No one that is who. The Camera - Digital, 35mm, Instant, I do not care, the camera is amazing. If I could go back in time, I'd invent the camera first, cause what a cool thing to be associated with. The T.V. Dinner - I really believe the Microwave person, and the T.V. Dinner person were lovers and decided to shock the world by coming out with the inventions simultaneously. I am unaware if the two actually came out at the same time, but it seems like a conspiracy to me. The Guitar - La guitarra is the best, an instrument that can speak volumes with 6(or 12) thin little strings of steel. The most versatile instrument for the conveyance of emotion hands down, it can weep, scream, laugh, or calm, I am lucky to play it. Women - I have to give it up to God on this one, what a seriously impressive invention. From their physical appearance to the way they always know how to take care of me, women are probably the coolest invention on this list. The Internet - By far and away the invention that has increased laziness the most, well maybe besides the car. How cool is an invention that lets you order pizza, buy underwear, watch movies, chat to friends, and Learn, if you so desire, all in the same place? Very cool my friends, Very cool. Slang - I love that American English has so deviated from the English that founded our nation. Now our language is filled with abbreviations,(I am particularly fond of abbrevations) cool familiar words to refer to people you care about, and even variations on swear words so you can swear without really swearing. Colloquialisms have taken over our speech patterns, and I dig it man. Gatorade - I know it was made by those scientists that worked for the University of Florida, and I love them for it. How cool is an invention that can quench thirst, replace lost electrolytes, and look cool being dumped all over a winning football coach. It is cool, trust me. Bamboo Wind Chimes - While not "modern" this still had to make my list because I love them so much. There is nothing better than the sound of hollowed out pieces of dried bamboo tinklilng together softly while you try to sleep. Seriously, there is nothing cooler, especially when the sound of waves is accompanying it. The Razor - Despite the fact that even if there were never such a thing as a razor, men and women would have found ways to remove unwanted hair, the razor is still awesome. Without this little devil I'd be a hairy little moron, and I am sure that the invention of Women would pay no attention to me=Not a good thing. Therefore the razor stays. Thank You Mach 3.

There it is, the first post of my favorite cool inventions. If you want more, post a comment, let me know.