Wednesday, April 16, 2003


Listening To: "Starálfur" by Sigur Rós.

Today I realized that I am weird. Perhaps I am not the weirdest person you know, but I am probably in the Top 10 list. So, to offer a glimpse into my oddities I decided that I'd blog a few of the things that make me who I am...bear with me. Here we go:

Sometimes when I'm just sitting around one of my socks mysteriously disappears from my foot, usually the left, and ends up either lost somewhere in the room, or slung over my shoulder. I have no idea why I do this, but I quite often find myself standing up and wondering why one foot is so much colder than the other. For some reason I don't understand the concept of babies, and of midgets.(little people, I don't know the Politically Correct term) Seriously, they just baffle me. Look at a baby for example, when they are born the amount of skin that is covering their bodies would not fully wrap around one of my legs, yet somehow they GROW, they make more skin out of nothing, and 20 years later they are like 4 times the size, and the skin still fits them. That is insane. I make my check marks backwards to the way most people make them...most people do the little portion first, and then the long tail of the checkmark with flair...not me...I do the long tail first and then end on the stubby little end. Before I go anywhere, I always think I have to go pee, even if I really don't. I carry my mini Nalgene water bottle everywhere I go, but throughout the course of a day I probably drink about 3 sips. If I'm walking with someone, guy or girl, and I am carrying things, chances are that thing will end up in your hands, and I really don't know why it does. I sleep naked a majority of the time. I have absolutely NO sense of time. Seriously 10 minutes to me feels like 4 and a half hours, and at the same time, 4 and a half hours can feel like 10 minutes. I never know what time it is, what day of the month, or heck, even what day of the week it is. I also have no sense of direction. I can live in a town for 100 years and still not know the names of any streets, the fastest way to get to anywhere, whatever. Whenever I drive long distances, say it's to Helena from Missoula, an hour or so trip, I always have to leave for the highway directly from my house. Realize that if there are errands that need to be ran before I leave, I will run the errands, then come back to my house to finish packing up, then leave. I hate making stops before I hit the highway. I can not say the word cinnamon...the only way I can come close is if I say "sinn-a-mon" with a 2 second pause in between each portion of the word. I hate food that might be old, I will seriously throw stuff away even if it was made the day before if it even looks bad, if it smells bad, it's gone. If I am watching movies with people, I think it's completely acceptable for me to fall asleep...if someone else is falling asleep first however, there will be hell to pay and I nag them until they are back to being completely awake. When I am driving, it is everyone else that is a horrible driver, and I can't stand pedestrians and people on bikes. I'm all for saving the environment, but seriously just ride on the sidewalk...to me a bike is NOT another automobile. I frequently make comments like, "TURN OFF YOUR BRIGHTS!" to people who pass me at night, for some reason even dims look really bright to me. Apparently I am told I put on chapstick like a total moron, I rub it on with the stick first, then I use my finger to rub it in more. As my sisters says, "That is what the stick is for!" I always have little surprises for people, even if it is just something lame like a piece of candy or something, I always come up with little surprises. Whenever I get into an argument with people, I get bored halfway through and start smiling...within two minutes the argument is over because I have the other person laughing at how much of a moron I am. I don't like going to class because I think that it will blunt my originality, just like John Nash, the schizo math man. I always make ultimatums on myself, such as "I'm NEVER eating McDonalds again," and I ask people around me to help keep those ultimatums, but if the next day I want McDonalds, I insist that the person let me off the hook, and that I'll start that ultimatum later. I insist on sewing nearly all things that I wear if they rip or tear, and I love to add things to my clothes that aren't there, whether it's a patch, a drawing, anything. I wear a belt frequently, but for some reason it will come undone on it's own and sometimes the top button too, and I end up just walking around with my pants either unbuttoned or the belt hanging out. I am obsessed with fire. I can stare at a match or a lighter or a fire burning for hours on end. I also love burning things just to see how they'll react to the flames. I have an incredible pain tolerance for self-inflicted pain. I used to win bets by putting out incense on my arm, eating matches, or cutting myself...young and dumb. For some reason I have the most amazing memory when it comes to actors and actresses in movies. I don't know how or why but I somehow just know so much about movies, about who's in them, what other movies the've been in, etc...pretty much don't mess with me in the Kevin Bacon Game.

Well, that list turned out to be a lot longer than I anticipated. Thank you to Natalia and McGraw for helping share their ideas about how weird I am. They are the reason the list is so huge, I was gonna stop at like 5 things, but apparently I'm a lot weirder than I thought. Weird.