Tuesday, April 22, 2003


Listening To: "Amid the Chaos of the Day" by Hans Zimmer.

True Romance is by far one of my favorite movies; despite the fact, or possibly due to the fact that it is extremely violent, extremely controversial, and the most unconventional "romantic" movie of all time. The story is of Clarence and Alabama, two characters with so much innocence and vulnerability, wrapped up in a world they have to adapt to. Anyways, my post is not about this amazing film, oh no, it's about the love I have for Alabama Whorley in the movie. If anyone out there wants to know the exact sound of the laugh that will end up catching me and making me fall head over heels in love, watch this movie. Patricia Arquette's laugh is perfect. The scene in which this perfection is clearly displayed is this: Directly after the two watch the Sonny Cheba Triple Feature at the movie theater, Alabama asks Clarence if he'd like to go to a diner and get a piece of pie with her. After she asks, she laughs, and I'm hooked. I do not know what it is, but she laughs at random times throughout the movie, sometimes interrupting her own speech patterns to giggle just a little. With all of the things a woman possesses in which to snag my attention and affection how strange that the thing I want the most in a mate, is a good laugh. Honesty drips from laughter.