Tuesday, April 01, 2003


I have been having a pretty intense email conversation with my good friend Greg Dorrington about property dualism, qualia, and the dualistic nature of objects. Essentially we're discussing how objects have both mental and physical properties and the two, while tied in to each other, are distinct and seperate. He's doing his senior thesis about this very topic, and I am not jealous of that fact. I read his first submition and I am thoroughly impressed. At any rate, if anyone has any further thoughts on property dualism, or qualia or anything relating to the topic, feel free to email me or instant message me, and maybe after talking Greg might have more ideas to further his research. Good Luck GD.

I watched Red Dragon today and I must say it is arguably the best in the Hannibal Lecter series. The movie was suspensful, psychologically engaging, and had Ed Norton, Anthony Hopkins, and Ralph Fiennes all acting at the top of their game. The movie really got me thinking about how disturbing serial killers are. I can not fathom the mindset that would allow a person to 1) Justify such brutal and violent actions such as murder, rape, or at its most extreme, cannibalism; and even worse B) Allow a person to actually enjoy and derive some form of pleasure from these acts. Granted a large majority of serial killers/rapists have extreme childhoods and backgrounds, but still, an even larger majority of people with the same backgrounds do not fall into such lifestyles. If you go to the Crime Library you can read all about different aspects of not only serial killers, but other notorious figures in America's history. It's pretty graphic reading, but very interesting. I just realized I really like to learn new things, no matter what it is about.