Sunday, April 20, 2003


Listening To: "Goodbye" by Emmylou Harris.

I shot off a rocket today. I am the rocketman. My little cousin Jacob had these homemade rockets with firework engines, and I got to push the blast off button. The rocket I chose was 3 feet tall, brilliant blue with a bright silver streak curling its way down to the tailfins. 3...2...1...Then it lifted off into the sky. The parachute on my rocket did not work, but the little shuttle flew about 200 feet into the air, and then fell back to the earth about half as fast. All in all, I am the rocket man.

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone else out there get millions of junk mails to their real, postal mail address? I swear to you I get more offers for credit cards, vacations, coupons, and local Missoula mailings than any human being. The type of mail that comes most often however, truly perplexes me...The Free Internet CD's. I'd love to know how much money AOL wastes each year to send out the millions upon millions of free Internet Access cd's, tightly wrapped in their own metal packaging. Can you imagine how many metal cases must be created in order to deliver all these worthless cd's to all these people who in reality do not want them? I wonder how many things could be built with all these wasted metal containers, how much money could be saved. Honestly AOL, just stop it.

Lastly, Happy Easter to everyone. Easter is an intense holiday with its historical and Biblical basis, and I find it very interesting to see the direction it has turned. Don't get me wrong, I love very much getting baskets of candy, toys and little surprises, but I wonder how it ever evolved to this. A day that used to come as rejoicing after the sorrow of Good Friday, has now become a day in which a bunny rabbit delivers sweets to people in basket form. Very interesting. I'd love to trace the evolution somehow. Christmas as well.