Sunday, April 06, 2003


I am attempting to sew a patch into the knee of one of my favorite pairs of jeans, and I swear to you it is a challenging project. First of all, the hole in the knee is no less than canyon sized, with the edges already eroded into rolled up masses of long white jean strings. Second of all, I'm trying to patch it with the only fabric I thought would be tough enough to withstand the abuse I seemingly force my jeans into putting up with...Army Grade Camo. So here I am, needle in one hand, jeans in the other, trying to sew this monstrosity shut. Oh it gets better, in pure Tyler Style I do not have thread, oh no, instead I am using fishing line. Why, you may ask? Because obviously I would not have thread around when I actually needed it for something other than rigging a firework to explode when someone opens my front door. Something everyone should come to learn when it comes to me and my countless projects and endeavors, WHY, is a question you should not ask; the answer 99 times out of 100 will be simply because I do not know. I think that is really the way I operate. What can you do though? Well at any rate, I am about halfway done, and I am not afraid to say it does not look half bad. A future as a tailor is clearly not in the cards for me, but I am proud that in my own screwed up way, I am self-sufficient.

One more thing, Daylight Savings Time is weird.