Friday, April 25, 2003


I was reading this little article today about Ted Nugent and his wife Shemane on a trip to San Francisco, when I re-realized how cool he is. He was telling a story about how they were walking downtown when they spotted a group of animal rights protesters. They tried to avoid being noticed (for all who do not know, Ted Nugent is an advocate for hunting, taxidermy and "living the American Dream") but the group spotted them. After a brief exchange in which they claimed he killed Bambi, and he claimed that the cotton industry that supplied their clothing killed more animals than he did, as they had to kill an entire field of living things to make them, a large Indian man said: "When's your next hunting season assole?" Ted replied with, "It could erupt any moment now." Here is where it gets interesting, as Ted recalls:

"Then he said, 'Well, we'll be there to gun you down and kill your family too.' Before the word too was out of this guy's mouth, I had gone into full combat mode. I spun and took his right arm and brought it up into a half nelson. I'm very fortunate to have trained with the Navy SEALs and the 101st Airborne. So I put all my training into effect, took him into custody, and turned him in to the local authorities. Shemane was quite upset by the whole thing. But I wasn't upset at all, man, I was digging it." --Ted Nugent--

How cool is he? VERY cool my friends. Very cool.