Thursday, May 08, 2003


I recieved an email from Greg Dorrington, the man behind the myth, concerning my blog entitled "Memories of Bill Roberts." I will now add one CRUCIAL memory that I omitted, as well as clear up the exactities (I just made that word up) of the quote by the man whose leg I hit with my amazing drive on Hole 1. First and foremost, the funniest memory, that I am slapping myself for forgetting, involves Kurt, his Jeep, and a plethora of sounds. Here is what happened: We were driving to the aforementioned Dairy Queen that we frequented, when all of a sudden we heard this loud THUD, followed by the sounds of a dog yelping uncontrollably. All of us in the car were shocked and said "Kurt, you just hit a DOG!" Now I am a little fuzzy here, so Greg if you could comment if I am wrong, but I am fairly sure Kurt denied the fact that he hit a dog, and tried to pass off the sounds as inconsequential, not having anything to do with an animal. We were all shocked and amazed, but Kurt would not turn around. If this wasn't funny/morbid enough, we continued the trek onto Dairy Queen, and while in the drive-thru another funny thing happened. You see, one of the things that Kurt recieved the largest amount of crap for, was the quality of his Jeep. We all made jokes at the incredibly LOUD idle that the car had, and how much it sounded like it was on its last leg. He always passed this off as just our opinion, but when we pulled into the drive-thru to give our order Kurt had to keep shouting the orders. We were all laughing hysterically until the woman finally said, "SIR!! SIR! Could you PLEASE turn your car off, I can not hear you, your engine is too loud!" hahaha. After this, the whole car was laughing so hard that we couldn't control ourselves, and I am almost positive that it was the same day, Kurt got so flustered by this whole ordeal, that he managed to high center his Jeep temporarily on the concrete divider in the Drive-Thru, and then to unstick himself, he gunned it. When he gunned it, the Jeep went flying off the side of the curb and into the 3 Lane street, almost killing us all. You have no idea how hard I am laughing.

Secondly, the man I hit with the golf ball. The heart of his quote was this: "If you come one step closer, I'll Kick Your Ass All Over This Course!!! Now that I remember the exact quote, the memory is so much more vivid, and so much funnier. Thank You GD.