Saturday, May 24, 2003


I recieved an email today from Captain John of Scuba Tampa, a dive company that runs out of Florida. At any rate, Captain John praised my blogging, and that simple fact blew my mind. First of all, he is a man in the drivers seat of a company I've always wanted to own, Second of all, he is all the way in Florida. Thank You John, for your kind words, and hopefully I'll be a Captain John Employee sometime, living the Island life. His email inspired me, and really sparked my desire to live in the tropics even further. It is a flame now, blown by the winds of childhood memories, Jimmy Buffett songs, the sounds of bamboo wind chimes and waves crashing, and the feeling of the water rushing over me as I fly through it with fins on my feet. It is not a question of "if" but rather, a question of "when."

""Roll on, thou deep and dark blue ocean- roll, ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain; man marks the earth with ruin- his control stops with the shore; upon the watery plain the wrecks are all thy deed, nor doth remain a shadow of man's ravage, save his own, when, for a moment like a drop of rain, he sinks into thy depths with bubbling groan, without a grave, unknell'd, uncoffin'd, and unknown."
--Lord Byron--

In addition, the "Ski Boots" half of Sandals & Ski Boots, Dave created an amazing first draft of our future logo. Here it is: