Saturday, May 03, 2003


Tonight while I was checking my email I heard a huge commotion outside my window. A free source of entertainment is the role that my neighbors play on the weekends randomly, as fights and cops can often be the outcome of too much alcohol. Anyway, tonight I rushed to the window, opened it completely and let the sounds of drunken debauchery blow through my screen. What I heard prompted me to run outside and watch the action live and upclose. When I got there, here was what I encountered, a brief list: 1 naked man running around in the middle of the street; 2 people physically fighting, one a man, the other a woman; That 1 guy getting his butt whooped by that 1 girl; 14 other people watching this all go down and laughing hysterically, making sure the guy never punched the girl; 1 Tyler Knott Gregson standing in sandals and wondering what they were fighting about; 8 cop cars that rolled up onto the scene of the crimes. Anyways after about 2 minutes of this fighting, the cops showed up and everyone scattered like a bomb had gone off. I sauntered back to my apartment, pleased I had witnessed something so funny.

The fight brings up an interesting problem in the life of every male, that I believe needs analyzing. What exactly is a guy to do in this sort of situation? My Southern Roots, and proper upbringing teach me that no matter what, You NEVER Hit a woman, ever. I have never truly hit a woman, but I am beginning to wonder at what point do exceptions to this rule be made. Is it ok if that woman is bigger and stronger than you? Is it ok if she is really kicking your butt and you have to fight back to defend yourself? I really think that if either of these situations were present, I'd drop my proper upbringing, forget the Southern roots, and seriously go medieval on her.