Saturday, May 10, 2003


I came to a resolution today, I am an uninspired dresser. I do not know why I am even thinking about the way I dress, it is a very "un-guy" thing to do, but I really do not care. I have always had good style, a keen fashion sense, and an understanding of what colors do, and do not go together; I realized today however, that I dress uninspired. I am tired of wearing graphic t's, long sleeve logo t-shirts and random sweatshirts. I do not think I ever look "bad" with the way I dress, but I feel like I am dressing much below my age, I feel like I come across like a high school or middle school student. I am tired of this. I have never and will never agree with the term "The clothes make the man..." but today I realized that there are some truths to the phrase. I am ready to move onto the next stage of my life, and graduation is playing a large role in this. I think today I fully realized that I need to start coming across as a 21, nearly 22-year-old Man, no longer a 17 year old kid working in the mall or something. So, I have concluded that to acheive this, donations would greatly aid in my efforts. hahaha. So feel free to mail me money, I won't mind a bit.

Off topic, but I have to say that one of the coolest cinematic effects I can think of in the past 50 years, is in the movie "Apocalypse Now." The scene in which the men have just left the surfing beach and are all in the jungle off the boat, the entire scene with the tiger, it is absolutely amazing. The whole picture, actors included, is in a washed out blue, a dawn-like color with the feeling of the moments right before sunrise. All around the men, the jungle is swallowing in on them, and littered about are vibrantly colored green leaves, directly contrasting the deep faded blue. It is not all the leaves, it is not all the green and yellow things in the frame, just some, and the effect is amazing. I am unclear of the intended symbolism, but it really looks amazing, and adds a depth to the scenes. Everyone should check it out.