Friday, January 30, 2004


I do not know exactly when it happened, or exactly why it happened, but it seems to me I have lost my appeal to women. I realize that this statement can possibly come across with a mild after-taste of arrogance, in that in order to lose the appeal, one would have to have it in the first place; I assure you, arrogance is the last of my afflictions. I suppose it is debatable as to whether or not I ever truly Did have an appeal to women, but I am fairly sure I did. There was a time in which girls were attracted, a time in which I went on dates, networked, and kept female company...Where did it go? I do not know if it is the fact that I do not enjoy going out that gets me, the fact that I do not drink that holds me back, or is it perhaps personality or physique related? Clearly I am not the best looking fella around, but I'll lay a healthy bet down on the fact that I am not the Worst looking guy either. People say "Just do not worry about it," "It will happen when you least expect it," yada yada yada. Well I haven't been expecting anything forever, yet nothing has happened. When does this "least expecting it" time begin, and the real world end? I do not know.

All I can think of, is that I've lost my appeal. Either something about myself turns women away, OR, there is not something there to draw the women in. Whichever it is, I have no clue when it happened. In a way it is kind of funny, is appeal something that can be bought, worn, taught or learned? I do not think so, but even if it was, I do not think I'd buy, wear, teach, and God knows Learn it. Maybe I will find the appeal crumpled up in a corner of my room, maybe it is laying under the bed right now; I should go look. I'm sure it is around here somewhere, next to my old car keys, and the missing socks that complete so many pairs in my drawer. Who knows where it went, not me. Maybe ya'll can help me out, if you've seen it, make sure to email me and let me know. I'll reward whoever finds it with something cool, maybe the old car keys that will be hiding with it.