Saturday, February 07, 2004


I have been playing guitar a lot more recently, and today I decided to write lyrics of how I've felt lately. I will work on the acoustic guitar to accompany this, but for now when you read it, just try to imagine slow acoustic guitar, and a raspy voice singing it. Soon enough, that guitar, and that voice, will be mine, and maybe I'll post the song on here for people to listen to. For now, may I present to you, "First Was Last."

First Was Last
by Tyler Knott Gregson

Today I started thinking
Today I saw the truth
that what I have to offer
and all I’ve tried to do
don’t amount to anything
and won’t make me someone
to you.

The first time that I saw you
was the first time that I knew
that all I am and who I’ll be
does not interest you.

Today I slowly realized
Today I saw the light
that no matter how hard I try
now matter how much I fight
it won’t add up to anything
and won’t bring you home
tonight.

The first time that I saw you
was the first time I could see
that no matter how much I think of you
you do not think of me.

Today I stopped and questioned
Today I wondered why
that all of the attempts I’ve made
and all the times I try
don’t lead to even a single hello
and the last thing that I hear
is goodbye.

The first time that I saw you
was the last time I felt free
but now I know it doesn’t matter
what I am or who I’ll be.

-tkg-