Thursday, August 05, 2004


Well it is official...my oldest friend in the world is married. I went to Leavenworth, Washington this past weekend to fulfill my duties as the Best Man in his wedding; 36 hours later, with only an hour of sleep under my belt I got back into my car and drove the 500 some odd miles home. In those 36 hours so many things changed.
In those 36 hours I saw my best friend hold the hands of a woman he promises to love for life, I saw him slip the ring of his promise onto her finger and I heard him say the words; I saw the kiss, and I saw him grow up the minute his lips touched hers. Four years ago I was the one on the way to marriage, I was the one with the serious girlfriend with tunnel vision, oblivious to all other women; Four years ago has never seemed so long ago.
The weekend was amazing and the memories from it still swirl around in my head today. I had the chance to see people I have not seen for 4 years since I left Gonzaga University, I spent time with friends from middle and high school, I laughed more than I thought I would, and cried just about exactly as much as I thought I would.
To Greg and Jess, I wish you a lifetime of happiness together. I have no doubt in my mind about you two. Thank you for letting me be a part of such an amazing time.