Monday, October 10, 2005


Fruit Loops, I will admit, is a genius little cereal. Little loops in bright fluorescent colors that make kids think they're eating crayons; sugary little bites of frostedness on every single spoon. You know what though, Fruit Loops are a double-edged sword.

Now, if you are a person like me, who takes healthy sized bites on bigger sized spoons, (the big spoons, not the little dinky tea ones) then you know my pain. Here is where the problem presents itself. If you pour a large bowl, in which the milk brings the cereal level above the pre-existing level of the bowl itself, the problem I am about to describe intensifies proportionately with the aforementioned height above the bowl.

The problem: Fruit Loops, like almost no other cereal on the market, HURTS to eat. When I get done eating a bowl, it feels like at some point, I grabbed a spoonful of broken bottle glass and tiny pieces of sandpaper, like 80 grit. The roof of my mouth gets cut, chaffed, sliced and rubbed absolutely raw.

So, there you have it; Fruit Loops hurt. End of story. Will I stop eating them? Hell no, they look like little crayons.