Sunday, November 20, 2005


Hey, remember when TV used to be good? Cause I don't, and now I'm wondering if it was ever good at all. The only shows I will admit to liking, and watching frequently all live on 4 channels: Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, Animal Planet, and the History Channel. Sometimes, SOMETIMES other shows will leak in on other networks, but for the most part, I live on those 4.

Flipping around today, I noticed that every show, on every channel, has been played before. Re-runs of re-runs are re-running right now, and it is getting old. When it Isn't a re-run, on the weeknights, shows like Desperate Housewives are more popular than Britney Spears' baby photos, and I don't get why. Every episode someone else dies, murders, has an affair, marries, runs over, overdoses, commits a felony, or SOMETHING. What street is this happening on, in What parallel universe? In my neighborhood, it's a scandal if someone paints their house a weird color, or puts a fence up higher than the neighborhood code; not murders their sister's former husbands lover's gardener.

So I guess what I'm asking is, was TV ever good, or has it always been this bad and I'm just now noticing? I think I'm just going to start reading a lot, lot more than I already do, and turning the TV off a heck of a lot more.