Sunday, February 05, 2006


The Rolling Stones are the most overrated band in the history of rock music. Hands down, without equal, they are...the funny thing is, I'm not even sorry for saying so. If I upset a few people in the speaking of this truth, well then, that's the risk I'm just going to have to take.

I don't know if any of you watched, ha, but the Rolling Stones were the headliners for the Halftime Show during Super Bowl XL. I don't even know where to begin in my explanation of how terrible the last 10 minutes of my life were. Mick Jagger seizured around the stage like a Gumby Doll with Tourette's Syndrome, breathlessly trying to say (notice how I didn't say Sing) the words to songs that first came out during Super Bowl II.

Listen ABC, if I wanted to go to a Rolling Stones concert I would fly to Florida, find a nursing home, and settle in with a case of Ensure for what would probably be a false teeth chattering good time. You know what though, I didn't want to go to a Rolling Stones concert, I wanted to watch the Super Bowl, and even a wardrobe malfunctioned Janet Jackson performance would have been better. I felt like the minute Jagger & his fossilated crew got done performing, they all needed their walkers, O2 masks, and a stiff cocktail of Metamucil and glucosamine.

Ok, done, I just had to let that out. In a word, Overrated. They always have been and they always will be. How did the wool get pulled over so many people eyes? How did geriatric karaoke get mistaken for talent? Perhaps I'll never know.